Dr. Artak Manukyan has more than 12 years of consulting experience focusing on public procurement (at), environmental economics and tourism projects. Since 2003, he worked as an independent consultant/expert for several international organizations, including the World Bank, Asian Development Bank and UNDP. He has also acted as a researcher and lecturer for a number of international organizations (including Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and Potsdam University) and projects. Since 2004 his focus are tourism, where he has 6 years lecturing experience (at Armenian State University of Economics). Since 2008, Artak has been engaged in various projects of Transparency International Anticorruption Center and other NGOs related to the monitoring of public procurement and procurement audit.
Dr. Manukyan was one of speakers within the press conference on tourism (March 18, 2016).
Bachelor's degree in:
Secondary Vocational Education:
Experienced Chief Accountant with a demonstrated history of working in the civic & social organization industry. Skilled in Nonprofit Organizations, Internal Audit, Analytical Skills, Management, and Financial Accounting. Strong finance professional with a Bachelor’s degree focused in technical cybernetics-telecommunication & automatic systems from State Engineering University of Yerevan, Department of Technical Cybernetic, Yerevan, Armenia.
Areas of Competence
• Knowledge and experience in financial management;
• Knowledge and experience in “Armenia Accounting Systems” and “SunSystem” SQL type database;
• Knowledge and experience to set up finance unit at the newly developed sub-office level, support sub-offices
with finance management and close out procedures;
• Experience for collection and application of data from various sources and developing multi-year, annual
budgets for new projects;
• Knowledge and experience to work with cash basis and accrual basis accounting principles;
• Knowledge and experience in analyzing US-funded project budgets and providing recommendations to
Project Managers and staff related to budget management;
• Cash flow monitoring and management of operations with the local bank accounts, including wire transfers,
payments, bank checks and other banking operations.
• Cash Forecast projections on quarterly basis as per organization’s defined model;
• Work experience with internal and external audit team, relevant knowledge for closing audit finding;
• Debrief project partner on reporting requirements. Support partners to address financial issues with
providing timely comments and recommendations on pending issues.
• Hard worker and meet all financial reporting obligations and deadlines;
• Goal oriented and accurate;
• Analytical and problem solving skills;
• Patient and self-devoted to work;
• Work under pressure meeting all deadlines and multi-task-oriented;
• Good team-player.